Request A Free Consultation

Types Of Sex Abuse

If you, your child, or a child you know was sexually abused or molested while under the care of a public or private entity, those entities can be held accountable for money damages if the abuse was committed by their employees, volunteers, teachers, administrators, staff members, religious leaders, counselors, or even a stranger who entered the grounds of the facility. Our child sexual abuse attorneys can help.

Institutional Child Abuse & Molestation

The prevalence of child sexual abuse in various institutions is difficult to determine. Often, sexual abuse or molestation is not reported by victims. Most experts agree that the incidence of child sexual assault and child molestation is much greater than what is reported to authorities. Approximately 30 percent of women and 15 percent of men report having been the subject of molestation during youth.

Video: Child Molestation in the Church

Video: Child Molestation in Schools



Sadly, the institution in which child sexual abuse and molestation is the most common is the family. Approximately 80 percent of child sexual abuse victims report that their abuser was a family member. The family members who are most likely to sexually abuse children are stepfathers, fathers, uncles, cousins, and siblings. Learn how about the warning signs and effects of child sexual abuse with these helpful molestation resources:

According to the Crimes Against Children Research Center, children are most vulnerable to sexual assault between the ages of 7 and 13. During childhood, one in five girls and one in 20 boys will be a victim of child sexual abuse or molestation.

There are a number of institutions outside of the family where child sexual abuse is known to occur. If you are concerned that your son or daughter may have been a victim of child sexual abuse or molestation, you should contact law enforcement immediately. To learn more about child molestation in these institutions, follow the links below.

The adults in these institutions are in positions of trust. If a priest, teacher, caretaker, music teacher or coach has abused your child, call the police right away. The sexual abuse of minors is a serious crime in every state. But victims can also bring a civil lawsuit against their abusers in court. A civil lawsuit is often the only way for victims to be compensated for the harm caused by child sexual assault.

If you are considering filing a civil lawsuit against a sexual abuser, you should speak with a child molestation lawyer to discuss your rights. The compassionate attorneys at Estey & Bomberger have successfully represented victims of child sexual abuse and molestation for years. For a free and confidential consultation with an experienced child sexual abuse attorney, call 1 (800) 925-0723.