At Estey & Bomberger, LLP we strive to protect and represent victims of institutional abuse and hold organizations accountable for their actions. One of the ways we do so is to take a trauma-informed approach to legal representation of abuse victims.
What is Trauma-Informed Legal Representation?
A trauma-informed approach is based on key principles established by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
According to the SAMHSA, a trauma-informed organization:
- Realizes the widespread impact of trauma.
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in not only clients, but also other parties that may be affected within the system.
- Responds with full integration of trauma knowledge into policies, procedures, and practices.
- Strives to actively resist re-traumatization.
The trauma-informed approach adheres to six key principles:
- Trust and transparency
- Peer support
- Collaboration and mutuality
- Empowerment, voice and choice
- Cultural, historical, and gender issues
By taking a compassionate, understanding perspective, we believe we can not only garner the best results from your claim, but also provide the fastest road to empowerment, recovery, and healing for the victims involved.
Estey & Bomberger Proudly Provides Trauma-Informed Legal Representation.
The lawyers and staff at Estey & Bomberger proudly provide legal representation of victims of abuse from a trauma-informed perspective. We actively aim to achieve a comprehensive, top-to-bottom understanding of the effects, consequences, and overarching impacts of abuse.
We represent our clients with empathy in mind to achieve a greater understanding of their situation, and ultimately strive to put forth a positive environment to actively encourage healing and recovery for any and all parties affected by such events.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of sexual abuse, we can help you today. Contact the experienced, passionate lawyers at Estey & Bomberger for a comprehensive look at your options for recovery and progress toward healing.